Saturday, January 24, 2015

Harry Potter Quiet Book


It's finally done! This book was something I was so excited to make once I had the idea stuck in my head.  It took me a few weeks to finish, but I was hand sewing the pages mostly at night so it honestly didn't take as long as I thought it would.  I'm so happy with how it turned out and I can't wait to make another one at some point!

Click here to see the finished quiet book pages for this book!



I machine stitched the cover using a cotton fabric and thick pellon interfacing to give it structure.  I added some coordinating ribbon to the spine to hide some stitch work, and used the remaining ribbon for the inside of the back cover.

The pages have grommets that allow them to slip onto the binder rings, so they can be swapped out or moved around when I feel like changing them.  I sewed an extra piece of interfacing and fabric to the inside spine of the cover to hold the binder rings in place.

I used the rest of the ribbon to add an extra fun little detail to the inside of the back cover.  Eventually, I want to add some felt text hidden underneath the ribbon (I'm thinking mischief managed), but for now it's just a simple tactile feature to end the book.



Here is a sneak peak of the pages I've completed so far!  Each page has a different activity and helps him learn a new skill, although some are just for fun :)  I have a few more pages I plan to make soon, but wanted to finish the cover first.  I will write individual posts for each page soon!



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Today I Felt Crafty