Thursday, May 28, 2015

Princess Castle Quiet Mat


Prepare for a lot of pictures in this post, because I couldn't get enough of this quiet mat!  I made it for a friend's daughter and it was so much fun creating something girly for a change :)  I had to take a ton of pictures before I let it go!

Instead of folding up into a book, this mat folds up into a cute little purse!  It is secured with a velcro strap, and I also sewed a small mirror into the top of the mat.  There are three princesses to play with and they are stored in little pockets behind the towers and the main door.  The princesses are cut from Ann Kelle's fabric line for Robert Kaufman, and I ironed them onto heavy interfacing for structure.








There are four little "fairy tale" icons hidden behind the towers windows.  The middle pink turret is also a pocket that can store small accessories like bracelets and hair clips.






0 comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Today I Felt Crafty